Symphony Pops - Book Helen - Details
Symphony Pops Programs
The First Ladies of Song
Celebrating the music of the First Ladies of Song from Ella to Adele, from Streisand to Aretha Franklin and so much more! Including:
At Last – Etta James
Fever – Peggy Lee
Over the Rainbow – Judy Garland
Walkin’ After Midnight – Patsy Cline
Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin
Evergreen – Barbara Streisand
I Won’t Last a Day Without You – Karen Carpenter
Misty – Sarah Vaughan
Someone Like You and Rolling in the Deep – Adele
It Don’t Mean a Thing if it Ain’t Got That Swing – Ella and many more!
The American Songbook
A wonderful collection of best loved songs, Helen puts a fresh twist to American classics including:
I Got Rhythm
Someone To Watch Over Me Over the Rainbow
Just the Way You Look Tonight I’ve Got the World on a String Strike up the Band Embraceable You
The Very Thought of You Fascinating Rhythm
Too Darn Hot
A Swingin’ Holiday Pops
Helen would be a wonderful addition to your holiday program. Her arrangements include:
Happy Holidays / Holiday Season Winter Weather / Winter Wonderland I’ll Be Home for Christmas
Little Drummer Boy
The Christmas Song
Please Come Home for Christmas What a Wonderful World
It Happened in Sun Valley
On a Wonderful Day Like Today
- First class, beautifully-packaged and arranged music that conductors and orchestras love to perform.
- Song selections which engage and entertain the money- spending, baby boomer audiences, then leave them wanting to come back for more.
- Scalable productions to suit orchestras of varying sizes and budgets.
- Helen is the consummate entertainer who willfully host the show.
- Many orchestras have successfully hired local musicians to play in the rhythm section or alternatively Helen can provide her own.
Grant Park (Chicago) with Jeff Tyzik
The Blossom Festival Orchestra (part of the Cleveland Orchestra) The Florida Symphony
The Akron Symphony
Breckenridge Summer Festival
The South West Symphony
The Cleveland Pops Orchestra
The Ocean City Pops
The Firelands Symphony
The Hamilton Philharmonic (Ontario)
The Norwich Pops Orchestra (England)
Testimonials and Reviews:
"To say that the audience was in for a good time is an understatement. Welch is a performer with both stunning vocal ability and terrific stage presence... she more than proved that she has the chops for this music. She has an easygoing, witty nature that’s very appealing."
– Arlene Bachanov, Daily Telegram
“Thanks Helen. It was a great pleasure to be on stage with you. Great voice, wonderful stage presence, very professional in all dealings. Made my life easy. I’m still getting great feedback.”
– Jeff Tyzik, Conductor, Arranger, Composer, Florida Symphony
“Welch was the bell of the ball with her sophisticated song- stylings and was dazzling in the highly energetic numbers.” – Kerry Clawson, Akron Beacon Journal
“The Holiday spirit was provided by charming Cleveland singer Helen Welch who made an already smokin’ CJO sound even better.”
– Gary Budzak, Columbus Dispatch